Paralegal Classes | Resources for Students
Canadian Legal Information
- Federal Government
- Supreme Court of Canada:
- Ontario Courts
- Catherine Best’s “Best Guide to Legal Research”. It’s also worth checking out her articles on legal research, where, among other things, she keeps up-to-date tabs on how the various research tools compare.
- Canadian Online Legal Dictionary from Irwin Law
- Class Notes 1: Mining Social Media for Legal Research
- Class Notes 2: Strategic Legal Research of Blogs
- Duhaime legal dictionary, if you find an abbreviation in a citation that you don’t understand, Duhaime also has a Citation Guide that’s quite useful.
- Dalhousie Law Library — recommended resources on various topics.
Guides to Legal Citation
- Queens University Law Library Guide to Research and Citation
- Google Tips and the comprehensive Google Guide
- Google’s advice for using Google
- Google Books
- Google Scholar
- Google DuckDuckGo values your privacy
- Dogpile meta searches, looking at results from several search engines