Paralegal Classes | Resources for Students
Administrative Tribunals in Ontario
- Public Appointments Secretariat features information on many Ontario boards, tribunals and other administrative bodies including membership qualifications, listings of vacancies, and an online application form.
- Relatively comprehensive list of Ontario Agencies, may or may not include every “ABC” in the province1.
- List of ministries, and linked list of the boards, tribunals or agencies reporting to each ministry.
- Qualifications and Simple Job Descriptions for boards and agencies.
- Ontario Ombudsman Admin Tribunals Fact Sheet and information on how to request that the Ombudsman’s office review the decisions of an Administrative Tribunal.
- The Council of Canadian Administrative Tribunals: “a national organization that supports the work of administrative tribunals and promotes excellence in administrative justice.” Also provide CLE for those involved in or interested in Administrative Law, including CLE and resources on how to write legal documents that are accessible to people with lower literacy skills.
- The Society of Ontario Adjudicators and Regulators: an independent not-for-profit organization that provides training, support, and networking opportunities for people involved in administrative law.
- 2011 CanLII 46582 from the Ontario Labour Relations Board: “The [plaintiff] in his cross-examination admitted what he had done was inappropriate behaviour and that when he saw the video posted on the internet he thought he had been stupid. I agree … [it] was not only inappropriate behaviour, it demonstrated a great deal of stupidity.”
1 Thanks to Richard K. for finding this list.